Votre Forum

Identifiez-vous avec le pseudo d'administration pour configurer et personaliser votre forum.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

#1 26-08-2015 04:00:01

shulingw666
Membre

I see another horse go to the front. I was going to sit second.

TORONTO – A la Pavel Datysuk, the native of Hearst, Ontario dragged the puck back and lifted it over an outstretched Jonas Gustavsson. Damarious Randall Packers Jersey . "It was a pretty good move to be honest," Gustavsson said. "I felt like I still had a chance to get a piece of it and he still managed to get it over my pad. Sometimes youve just got to give skill guys credit. Of course, Id like to stop it, but it was a great move and that got them their win." "Yeah I wish he wouldve pulled that against a different team," Joey Crabb added with a smirk. A jaw-dropping move from Claude Giroux in the shootout sealed the Leafs fate as they fell 1-0 to the Flyers at the ACC on Saturday night. A fine defensive effort opposite the NHLs highest scoring team ultimately mustered just a point for a club which has free-fallen out of a playoff position in the last month, unable to beat the suddenly stingy Ilya Bryzgalov (29 saves) in their seventh straight defeat on home-ice. "You feel good about the point that you didnt give anything up," Randy Carlyle said of the effort defensively which saw the Flyers manage just 27 shots, many from the outside. "We dont feel great because we lost a point in the hockey game." Drawing iron three times in regulation – twice by Clarke MacArthur and once by Nikolai Kulemin – the Leafs had their fair share of opportunities to beat Bryzgalov, but couldnt find twine behind the quirky Flyers netminder, who posted his third shutout in the last four games. Tyler Bozak added a post in the shootout for good measure. "When you dont get a goal its difficult to win and in the shootout we didnt find a way," Carlyle said. "Thats just the way the game went for us." With just two wins in the last 15 games (2-11-2), the Leafs now sit a distant six points back of the Capitals for the eighth and final playoff spot with a date in Washington on Sunday. For all the positive vibes they managed to generate in defeat, their fading playoff aspirations are falling dangerously close to the edge, glued to 12th in the East with only 14 games to go. Five Points 1. The early impact of the new man behind the bench was apparent in the loss, the Leafs turning in one of their finer defensive efforts in recent memory. While the Flyers had a string of chances to beat Gustavsson – who was perfect with 27 saves – only a handful were from the kind of high-quality scoring areas which have plagued the club in recent weeks. "I think from a defensive standpoint, obviously when you dont give up a goal through regulation, youve got to feel good about yourself and your goaltender made some key stops [in] some situations," Carlyle said. "Thats the type of hockey were going to have to play on a consistent basis to have success." Carlyle led his new club through a series of lengthy practices during his first week in Toronto, much of the focus aimed at a tighter effort defensively. "Were fine-tuning things," Mike Komisarek said. "The work that weve done here the last week or so with maybe a handful of practices – long practices at that – guys are taking what they learned in practice and try to establish it in games." 2. Asked on Saturday morning if hed seen strides of improvement defensively in his short stint with the club, Carlyle indicated some growth. "I would say in some areas and for stretches," he said. "I wouldnt say that there has been leaps and bounds made from a [defensive] standpoint, but I think we feel better about some of the things that are happening on the ice in certain situations. We feel better as a coaching staff and hopefully our players recognize that and in the conversations that Ive had with them, most of them feel that this is the direction that we have to go." 3. Gustavsson posted his fourth shutout of the season, standing toe-to-toe with Bryzgalov through regulation and overtime. "We cant ignore the fact that he was pretty outstanding for us in the hockey game," Carlyle said. The 27-year-old has started the last five games and all four in Carlyles short run behind the bench. When asked prior to the game for his rationale in rolling with Gustavsson, Carlyle said simply, "…everybody said Jonas Gustavsson has been the better of the two in performance…So we give the guy an opportunity." Gustavsson made a trio of strong stops early in the third, stoning Scott Hartnell in tight, Giroux on a redirect and Nicklas Grossman on a point shot that changed directions. "This time of year its going to be tight-games so you cant really afford making any mistakes," Gustavsson said. "That was just my mentality tonight…" 4. As he proved in Anaheim, Carlyle is unafraid of riding his top guns hard, even on the first half of a back-to-back. Drawing a ton of ice on Saturday was the line of Mikhail Grabovski, Clarke MacArthur and Nikolai Kulemin, the trio matching up specifically with the Flyers top unit of Giroux, Hartnell and Jaromir Jagr. Grabovski (24:07, most among forwards) and MacArthur both (23:15) finished with season-highs in ice-time. 5. In addition to his calls for a zipped-up effort defensively, Carlyle has also asked his club to remain true to their identity, which is driven by an influx of speed and skating. But hes also demanding more down low in the offensive zone. "…were not just going to be a rush hockey club," he said. "We have to create offensive zone time and get a cycle game going every once in a while and move off the cycle. Just because were not a big, overly large team doesnt mean you cant do that. You can do it because you have skill and you have speed and you move off the puck and people cant control you anymore. And thats really what were trying to sell our group." Bonus Points In addition to a few posts, the Leafs also misfired on the powerplay, empty in three opportunities… Grabovski saw a five-game point streak come to an end… Crabb fought Wayne Simmonds in the second period… Carter Ashton logged over 15 minutes in his second NHL game, drawing praise from Carlyle for his play alongside Crabb and Dave Steckel on the third line… Steckel and Connolly were the only two Leafs not to register a shot… Steckel finished 9-11 (82%) on the draw… Phil Kessel had a breakaway in overtime, stopped by the left pad of Bryzgalov… Kessel, Bozak and Grabovski were all stopped in the shootout… Colby Armstrong and Cody Franson were scratched for the Leafs. Randall Cobb Jersey . He wont be coming back. Not to this World Cup, anyway. The 22-year-old Brazil striker, the one with the hopes of a nation on his shoulders, was ruled out of the rest of the tournament after fracturing his third vertebra during Fridays 2-1 quarterfinal win over Colombia. Brett Hundley Packers Jersey . Leading after all four rounds, Canizares made six birdies and dropped four shots for a 19-under 269 total. "Golf is such a special game because I came here a little depressed about my game," Canizares told the European Tour website.BALTIMORE -- It gets even harder from here on out for California Chrome. He won easily in his home state of California, he dazzled in the Kentucky Derby and he dug deep to win the Preakness on Saturday. Now comes the toughest test of all, the Belmont Stakes in three weeks. The chestnut colt with four white feet will attempt to sweep the Kentucky Derby, Preakness and Belmont, something that hasnt been done since Affirmed in 1978. Since then, 12 horses have won the first two legs and failed to complete the sweep in the 1 1/2-mile Belmont; the last was Ill Have Another, who was scratched on the eve of the Belmont two years ago. "You have to have a very good horse to win these three races," said Art Sherman, the winning 77-year-old trainer. "Im hoping Ive got one right now." Maybe the horse with the modest pedigree and average Joe owners is the one. California Chrome defeated Ride On Curlin by 1 1/2 lengths in the Preakness, covering 1 3/16 miles in 1:54.84 on a sunny and cool day at Pimlico. Hes now won six straight races. The streak started with four in a row in California by a combined 24 1/4 lengths. Then California Chrome coasted home in the Derby by 1 3/4 lengths after opening up a big lead in the stretch. The margin dwindled in the Preakness as he fought off multiple challengers. California Chromes co-owner Steve Coburn shed tears after his colt crossed the finish line, dabbing them away with a blue-and-white bandanna. "I dont mean to be bold or cocky or arrogant," Coburn said. "I saw this baby when he was a day old, I told my wife, Carolyn, this horse is going to do something big. I dont know what it is, but were going to stay in the game to make sure this colt gets to be the best that he can be." Quite a statement from a guy with a one-horse stable. Coburn and partner Perry Martin bred an $8,000 mare to a $2,500 stallion to produce California Chrome. Based on the colts humble breeding, he probably shouldnt be on the verge of making history. His mother, named Love the Chase, won just one race. The owners were long shots to get this far, too. Coburn and Martin named their operation DAP Racing, which stands for Dumb Ass Partners. Their silks include an image of a donkey. Coburn and Perry who live on each side of the California-Nevada border get up early for their jobs -- Coburn working as a press operator and Martin running a lab that tests high-reliability equipment. "We just hope that this horse is letting America know that the little guy can win," Coburn said. Sent off as the overwheelming 1-2 favourite by a record crowd of 123,469, California Chrome bounced out of the gate running, with jockey Victor Espinoza moving the colt into the clear. Letroy Guion Womens Jersey. Pablo Del Monte, a 34-1 shot, charged to the lead and was soon joined by filly Ria Antonia. Espinoza tucked California Chrome into third, an ideal spot behind the leaders. They stayed there until making their move approaching the final turn. "I had to move early today," Espinoza said. "I had to start moving at the half-mile pole, which is tough for a horse to start moving early and keep going all the way to the end. California Chrome proved he can move." California Chrome went for the lead, catching Pablo Del Monte while Social Inclusion joined the chase. Pablo Del Monte soon dropped back along the rail, and California Chrome sprinted away from Social Inclusion at the top of the stretch. But there was one more challenge to come. Ride On Curlin, next-to-last in the 10-horse field, ranged up and briefly appeared ready to overtake California Chrome. Once again showing his class, California Chrome denied the threat. "Its an awesome feeling," Espinoza said. "Today it was just a crazy race. I got more tired mentally than physically. I see another horse go to the front. I was going to sit second. ... I sit back, as soon as the other horse got clear of me, it worked out perfect." Social Inclusion was ridden by Luis Contreras, a jockey based at Torontos Woodbine Racetrack. California Chrome paid $3, $3 and $2.40. Ride On Curlin returned $5.60 and $3.80, while Social Inclusion was another 6 1/2 lengths back in third and paid $3.40 as the 5-1 second choice. General a Rod was fourth, followed by Ring Weekend, Pablo Del Monte, Dynamic Impact, Kid Cruz, Bayern and Ria Antonia. Dynamic Impact is trained by Mark Casse, who is also based at Woodbine. Espinoza will get another crack at trying to complete the Triple Crown, after missing with War Emblem in 2002. He finished eighth in the Belmont that year. "You have to be a super horse to win," the jockey said. "Hopefully, California Chrome comes back good, and hes the one that hopefully can do it." Bob Baffert trained War Emblem, one of his three Triple tries that ended in failure. He missed with Silver Charm in 1997 and again the following year with Real Quiet, who lost the Belmont by a nose. "California Chrome is something. Hes a cool customer," Baffert said after the race. "He does everything right. Hes fast enough to stay out of trouble." cheap nfl jerseys cheap jerseys cheap jerseys cheap nfl jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Pied de page des forums